Friday, September 23, 2011

End of Summer 2011.

What an amazing summer I have had!

Academically, my summer began by taking the MCAT and is ending with my applying to medical school. The application process is a year process of primary apps, secondary apps then an interview round. I will thus be entering medical school in the fall of 2012..ill keep ya posted!

(summer day, hanging out in SoHo NYC)


Besides that I moved out of LA this summer! I had lived there for 8-9years and this year I packed...well mostly sold...all my stuff and moved back out east. I have been back and forth between NYC, the Hamptons and Maryland all summer and I am loving it.

(Girl's night out with my great friends from UCLA Julia and Ophelia)





(some of my best friends from my days at UCLA and I hanging out in Central Park)



I got a chance to attend NY Mercedes Benz Fashion week!!It was a dream come true! I got a sneak peek at the spring 2012 collections and you can see my experience on the new YouTube video I just posted on my channel www.YouTube.com/NanaMeriwether! I made friends with one of the hottest designers Max Azria who designs for BCBG and Herve Leger! He invited me to a dinner and 2 events he threw and I had the best time mingling with New York's fashion elite! He and his wife are so nice and their work is brilliant!


(At a private event by Max Azria to preview his Spring 2012 collection)





(from the Supima show at NYFW hosted by Rachel Zoe)






(loving this look by Carlos Miele at NYFW Spring 2012..I would so rock this red pant suit, he was one of my favs that week!)





I have been meeting so many great people in NYC and the DC area and I know this fall is bound to be a very memorable one filled with events anddddd im running for Miss Maryland in about a month!! so excited! Tomorrow is actually orientation and I get to meet all the stunning girls:) Competition weekend is October 28-30.


In November, I will be taking a trip to Southern Africa to check on some of the amazing projects The Meriwether Foundation has going on. We are about to open a clinic and the preschool we were opening in Zitha Village is now officially open! Not only are we providing classes for children, we have implemented a nutritional program where the students can get meals that include vegetables and goods from the organic garden we also started! I can't wait to see the kids and brainstorm new projects for Zitha Village and the other rural towns we support in now 6 countries! If you would like more information on how you can help please email Missions@MeriwetherFoundation.org....you can also check out my YouTube Channel for a video highlighting some of the projects we support.

(Students and one of our volunteers in the preschool we built in Zitha Village!)



(Organic garden program we started to help make the children and villagers diet more substantial)

(The clinic The Meriwether Foundation is about to open)

(cannot wait to go and visit, who's with me!? Leaving in November, let me know if you would like to volunteer and travel or donate to our many projects! Missions@MeriwetherFoundation.org)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment